Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 24 - Be Encouraged: This World Is Not My Home


Why am I doing this anyway?


Why do I blog, and why, specifically am I writing for 31 days on the topic of encouragement?

Plain and simple, I feel my calling is to encourage the body of Christ.  Blogging seems to be the best vehicle for me to do that. I love writing something and getting a comment that someone was encouraged.  Sometimes the only one I'm encouraging is me. 

I read Ann Voskamp's blog, A Holy Experience, and today she said, 


"The Christian needs another Christian who speaks God’s Word to him.


Basically, that is what I do.  I tell you what God's Word says.  Sometimes I have thoughts on what it means and I share those.  Sometimes what I have to say seems so small and insignificant I don't dare write it down.  I just share the Word and let God tell you in your heart what it means.

On this journey of encouragement, I shared scripture with you about encouraging others and building up people. I've spent a good bit of time sharing scriptures in the hopes you will use them to encourage yourself.

Now we are coming to the last week of our Encouragement journey. I want us to focus on our reward at the end of our journeys.


Philippians 3:20 (NIV)

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

For years, at our little home church, during testimony service, Bro. Red Callis used to say, "This world is not my home, I'm just a stranger travelin' through."

Folks, as great and abundant as our life here on earth can be, it is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity.  Our hundred or so years here, should we be so blessed, is just a snap of the fingers compared to eternity. I'm excited at what lies beyond my journey here and it does lift my spirits to think about it.

In the coming days, we'll examine scripture and see if we can get a glimpse of what's over on the other side.

Be encouraged:  This world is not your home!


If you'd like to read the entire 31 Days of Encouragement series, click here.


I'm linking this post with Jennifer at Getting Down With Jesus:


 

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Jennifer's place. Precious post thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a breath, a blink of the eye, so why do we worry so?

    Lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed this reminder as I'm having a rough day today.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.