Friday, September 7, 2012

Grace-full

On Fridays, I participate in Lisa-Jo Baker's 5 minute Fridays.  The object of the exercise is to write for 5 minutes on a topic Lisa-Jo chooses.  No prettying it up - just 5 minutes of writing your heart.  If you'd like to join in, visit Lisa-Jo Baker - tales from a Gypsy Mama.

 

Today's word:  GRACEFUL



Normally, the word graceful would evoke a picture of a graceful lady, maybe a ballerina with flow-y garments drifting about her.

This week, however, the word picture that comes to mind is graceful - full of grace.  You see, I was reading Ephesians chapter 1 and came across this passage:

Ephesians 1: 7-8 (HCSB) We have redemption in Him through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.

Anytime I see the word "lavish" I stop and think about it.  Lavish intrigues me - it is so over the top.  I picture grace being poured over me - poured until I am filled up and the grace splashes out of me and onto everyone with whom I come in contact.

What an awesome thought - that grace could overflow onto others.  May I extend grace to everyone with whom I come in contact.  May I also extend grace to myself and not beat myself up over my many flaws and failings.

Jesus loves me, just as I am.  What a "grace-full"  thought! 

STOP

2 comments:

  1. Love the reminder of God’s lavish grace upon us! I need to remember that. :) (visiting from Lisa-Jo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the reminder of all of God's grace. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.