Friday, June 8, 2012

Great Expectations

Today, I am participating in Lisa-Jo's meme, 5 Minute Friday.  She chooses a word, and we write for 5 minutes on the word.  We do the writing without agonizing if it's "good enough."  We just write because we love it. You can join in, too, by linking up at The Gypsy Mama blog.



EXPECTATION

I'm a pretty positive person.  I always have been.  

I don't know if it is how I learned to cope during bad situations, but I always expect things to turn out good.

When I was a kid, I was always dreaming big dreams.  Christmas and birthdays were much anticipated because I just knew something good was going to happen. It didn't matter if the hoped-for presents appeared or not, I just knew somehow they would eventually.

Years ago, I heard that old song that Oral Roberts used to have sung on his programs (or maybe it was Richard Roberts, I don't know ...) 

"Something Good is Going to Happen To You, 
Happen to You this Very Day, 
Jesus of Nazareth 
is passing your way."

I just believe that.  As a child of God, I know He has good things in store for me.  Yes, I know there will be days of testing, days of trial.  Yet, Jesus said he came that I might have life and have it abundantly.  (see John 10:10)

God loves me and He created a life for me.  One that He has ordered my steps, and laid out the path I should take.

After all, He has great expectations for me:

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11 KJV

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this big dose of positive encouragement in my day. Jeremiah 29:11 is just one of my favorites!!
    Thanks for stopping by my place earlier. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.