Monday, June 18, 2012

Daybook-06.18.12

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, JUNE 18

Outside my window...
already 73° and it is supposed to be 95° and sunny. Every. Day. This. Week.!  I'm gonna start praying for rain ...

I am thinking...of all the things I want to accomplish at the office this week.  The pastors are at the Southern Baptist Convention.  It will be quiet with few interruptions - the perfect time for some organizing!

I am thankful... for all the interests and passions I have in life.  It would be boring without them.

In the kitchen...
this week, we'll have ribs (again - I'm practicing presentation of my Pressure Cooker Riblets recipe), barbecued chicken, and beans and cornbread. 

I am wearing...
black tank dress with animal print jacket.

I am creating... a new tablescape.  I just need to find a reasonably priced black tablecloth.

I am going...to clean out the fridge tonight.  Ugh!  But it is a much easier job with my new fridge with french doors than it was with my old fridge that had the freezer on top.

I am reading..."My Foolish Heart" by Susan May Warren.

I am looking forward to...yard salin' next Saturday.  This week was a bust ...

Around the house...some grillin' is going on.  We bought a new gas grill.  We never had anything before but little tabletop charcoal grills, so we are excited.  Saturday, we grilled on it for the first time, and the flavor of the meats was excellent!  This grill has a third burner on the side, so we are going to try frying breaded okra outside.  No fried grease smell in the house - I'm all about that!

A favorite quote for today...

Joy is the fruit of gratitude.
… Ann Voskamp, 1000 Gifts
 Let me always be grateful!

One of my favorite things... my new best friend, Papa Nichols Hawaiian Blend coffee with Cafe Mocha Creamer.  Yum!

A few plans for the rest of the week: some organizing projects at work this week, board meeting at my other church, and movie night at home. We are going to see "We Bought A Zoo."

A peek into my day...

 Fresh cut Spring flowers
Gone now, but still enjoying the photo


Daybooks are a creation of Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my...this is a fun post! Love it!
    ANd I want to make some ribs, too. Would love to see your recipe!
    I need to clean my fridge and I am behind in my reading...phew! I will have to link sometime...Have a beautiful day Jerralea! Do you go by a nick name? In his Grace, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! We need rain. Even though we got an inch saturday night we are so far behind we really need a rain like that every other day! So true! How boring would our lives be if we didn't have these God given passions! LOL! Love our gas grill, I try to use it at least once a week. Enjoy my visit as always. IF you would like to visit my "private" blog where my daybook is posted I would love to send you an invite. Visit me at http://thebookwormshomestead.wordpress.com and request an invite. The mother of our adopted children has been stalking us so I had to make it private so she can't bother us...God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.