Monday, February 6, 2012

Daybook - February 6, 2012

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, FEBRUARY 6

Outside my window...Bleak day ... frost on the car windows, but it's supposed to be in the 50s today and tomorrow.  We've had an unusually warm winter.

I am thinking...about my friend Gayle who just lost her husband of 38 years.  His death strikes close to home because we were all part of a youth group that spent a lot of time together back in our teen years.

I am thankful...for 36 years of marriage.  Today is our anniversary!

In the kitchen...chicken in the crockpot that will later be turned into chicken and rice.

I am wearing...black pinstripe pants and black cardigan with a red ruffly top.  I'm wearing boots but if we continue to have warm weather, I'll be digging out my sandals!

I am creating...more blog posts.  (Same answer every week!)

I am going...to make a quick trip to Walmart on my lunch hour to get hubby's meds.

I am reading..."Chasing Sunsets" by Eva Marie Everson - actually I have it new, ready to read, I haven't started yet.

I am hoping... to make it all day at work.  I have a sinus infection and am not feeling very well.

I am looking forward to...going home!

Around the house...laundry to be put up.  Everything else is in pretty good shape.

I am pondering...how quickly life goes by.  I suppose everyone that has a friend their age that passes away thinks about the brevity of life. It just seems yesterday that Rick was a young boy stopping by my house to show me his latest hunting catch - one time it was an owl! Ew!

A favorite quote for today...

"... hang onto your past experiences with God, letting them remind you that He's with you - and even if He is all you have, he's enough."  Stephen M. Miller


One of my favorite things.. M & M candies ...

A few plans for the rest of the week: we haven't decided which day we want to celebrate our anniversary.  We both have sinus infections and want to wait until we feel better!

A peek into my day...



Table set for Sunday dinner using thrifted items.

The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  If you'd like to link up, visit her at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary and congrats on 36 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I hope you both are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 36th Anniversary! WOW - 36 yrs?! :) Congratulations! A long and happy marriage is a beauty-full work of heART :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.