Monday, January 30, 2012

Continue!

Jesus came on a mission.

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord." Luke 4:18-19

He came to do His Father's work and His goal was to pass the work along on to His followers.

"As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world." John 17:18

In fact, He will empower us to do everything He has done - and to do it even greater!

"Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.  Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.  And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son." John 14:11-13

God has not called a stop to the mission.  Both He and Jesus are still working.
"... Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” John 5:17

Now Jesus work is at the right hand of God, interceding for the saints.

"...Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us." Romans 8:34

It's time for us to take up His mission.  Now is the acceptable year of the Lord.  Now, in 2012.  God wants to continue His ministry through us.

At the church where I work, the custodian (who is Finnish) will sometimes stop to talk.  After a little bit, he will say, "Well, I must continue."  Off he will go down the hall muttering to himself, "Yes I must continue the work."

I thought of this Sunday when Pastor Terry talked about 2012 being the acceptable year of the Lord.  This is the acceptable time to continue the work.  We must be about the Father's business:  preaching, healing, delivering, and setting the captives free.

We must continue.

I'm linking up at Michelle's blog, Graceful


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.