Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday's Fave Five for Christmas Week 2011


Hey!  Well, my week was jammed with activities.  I bet yours was, too.  A great way to remember what happened when to share each week the five highlights of your week at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story!

1.  I always love to see one of my cuties dressed up!  Here is our daughter, Elissa, all glammed up to go to a party.



2. Crafty goodness:  Remember last week I mentioned a craft I was excited to try? 


A Christmas tree made out of glass bulbs held together by ... a knitting needle! This did not turn out as easy as it sounds, however.  It turns out that you have to be careful with which glass bulbs you buy.  Nowadays some of their hangers are not equipped with the large loop of wire that they used have.  The newer style hangers are too narrow to go over the knitting needle! Another problem is finding the right sizes.  You want large bulbs graduating to the smallest bulbs.  Naturally, I waited too late in the year to find all the sizes in the colors I wanted.  I did make three trees, but Blogger is too slow today and I only had patience to load one of the pictures. However, next year I intend to have a forest of glass bulb trees!

3.  Family get-togethers:  We had a party over at Jim's brother's house for his side of the family this week.  Lots of good food and visiting.  And we got to see the new baby!


Here's Jim with his new great niece:  Addi!

4.  To make the week even better, the next night we went out to eat with Jim's other brother and his family.  Two nights in a row that I didn't have to cook or have kitchen clean-up duty!  You have to love that!

5.  Today our office is closed for Christmas.  We will be off Monday as well, so definitely time off makes my list of faves.

I hope all my readers have a wonderful Christmas holiday as we celebrate the greatest gift ever given:  JESUS!

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, my friend!

    Love your 'bulb' tree! I can imagine a forest of them....what a cool idea!

    Such a beautiful baby! Always a treat to have a new one around.

    Your own 'cutie' is lovely all dolled up!

    Hope your Christmas is blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful daughter you have! nice dress!! and that baby is adorable....your husband looks like he is enjoying holding her! MErry Christmas and enjoy the time off!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that glass bulb tree idea going around. Neat!

    Two nights in a row spending time with family without having to cook is definitely a fave!

    Glad you have a long weekend to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the craft! I haven't seen one before...and I'm still trying to figure out how one knitting needle holds them together and how you pick that up and pack it away for next year! You'll have to show us the forest next year.

    Your daughter looks lovely! Enjoy your time off and have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.