Today I feel like Maria in the "Sound of Music" as she sings, "these are a few of my favorite things:"
1. I love being home! I feel that home should be a haven, a place to retreat from the pressures of the workplace. I work hard at making sure my home is comfortable, pretty and fragrant. More than just the outer trappings, though, I want home to be a place where we can just be ourselves. My favorite times of all are sitting around the dinner table sharing our day, and if there are occasions for belly-laughs, so much the better!
2. I love being a blogger! I've always wanted to be a writer. Blogging may be the closest I ever get to that goal. I love sharing about new insights in God's word, my beginning photography skills, home decor, recipes and all of the other interests I have. And the best part? Comments! When my readers comment, it makes me insanely happy.
3. I love my job! Being a church secretary is one of the best jobs in the world! I consider it ministry to help my churches run as smoothly as I can. I love that I can use my organizational and creative talents in the workplace. I love people and sometimes my listening ear means a lot to them. What an honor to share life with the congregation!
4. I love sweet tea! I can't help it, I just do. I was raised on it. I do try to limit it because I could drink it all day and night. I drink water during the day and with my meals, and drink sweet tea at night and on weekends. I confess I make frequent stops at McDonalds just for sweet tea. I'm thinking of getting a bumper sticker that says "this car stops at all McDonald's for sweet tea." I also have to brag on my hubby - he stopped and brought me a sweet tea to work this week - twice! He is so awesome!
5. I love chocolate! I've always loved chocolate, but it's on my mind especially because just yesterday I had a yummy homemade brownie with luscious chocolate fudge frosting. It. Is. So. Good. Too bad there was only one!
What are some of your favorite things? Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a blog party every Friday where we link up and share our favorite things from our week. Why not join in the fun?