Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Daybook - September 13, 2011


FOR TODAY, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13


Outside my window...a hibiscus flower is about to bloom.  Soon there will be no more flowers ....

I am thinking... that I would really love to have a long fall season this year ...

I am thankful...for the wonderful life the Lord has allowed me to have!  A husband who loves me, healthy children, a challenging job that I feel was made for me, a church to work in that uses my talents and abilities, and stretches me, dreams and goals for the future.  I am blessed!

In the kitchen...meatloaf and I'm thinking of trying a new recipe for blueberry banana bread.

I am wearing...gray dress pants and a gray and turquoise print top.

I am creating...with the help of God, a wonderful life.

I am going...straight home after work.  Home is my haven!

I am wondering... why so many of us today are so undisciplined.  America was built by hardworking folks who knew the value of discipline.  How did we fail to pass this value down?  I know in my own life I really have to work hard to discipline myself.  The easy way looks so attractive!

I am reading... "Wolfsbane" by Ronie Kendig.  I don't know why I love fiction about special ops groups, Navy seals, CIA and FBI heroes so much ...

I am hoping...and praying to see more young couples come into our church.

I am looking forward to... dinner guests that will be coming next week.  I'm trying to learn how to "practice hospitality."

I am hearing..."Live Worship" album by Terry MacAlmon.  It's my favorite praise and worship music!

Around the house... contentment.

I am pondering... how important praise is to God.  His word says He inhabits the praises of His people.  We build a dwelling place for Him with our praise.  It's so important praise and worship have prominence in our services.

One of my favorite things... candlelight.  Soon, it will be the season to burn candles!

A few plans for the rest of the week: some intensive study on Psalm 7, getting ready for a board meeting and some longtime dreaded filing of sheet music. (As much as I love to organize, filing is my most hated chore.... well, next to cleaning out the refrigerator!)

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...



One of my favorite spots - the shoreline of a lake.


Created by Peggy Hostetler, Daybooking is a concept of focusing and lingering on the simplicity and beauty of everyday moments.  Join in and link up at her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.