Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY, TUESDAY, AUGUST 16, 2011


Outside my window...cooler weather, yay!

I am thinking... of something Pastor brought up in his sermon Sunday night:  "What is your first spiritual memory?"  Mine was being in children's church singing the song, "Behold, Behold, I stand at the door and Knock, Knock, Knock," and all of us would turn around and knock on the metal folding chairs that were in the room.  I was probably about 4 years old.

I am thankful...that my mom raised me in church.  I don't know where I'd be today if she hadn't.

In the kitchen... meatloaf tonight.

I am wearing...my favorite gray dress pants and white jacket.

I am creating...a new look in my home.

I am going... to work and then back home - I love to be home!

I am wondering... if we will have a harsh winter since the summer has been so hot.  I pray not!

I am reading..."The Search" by Suzanne Woods Fisher.  I haven't gotten too far into it yet but I've read other books by her and enjoyed them.

I am hoping... to learn to eat low carb ... but it's tough, I really love carbs!

I am looking forward to...the delivery of my new living room furniture.  It's been ordered forever ....

I am hearing... the hum of the a/c.

Around the house...things are shaping up!

I am pondering...Psalm 6.

One of my favorite things... game shows.  I love them all, but especially Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: getting ready for a board meeting.  We took a summer hiatus so it's a matter of getting back into the groove.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...

 
Bald Knob Cross - called "The Cross of Peace."  It is an awesome sight, nestled at the top of a really steep hill. Jim and I took a little road trip Saturday to see how the cross looked (it's been in the process of restoration).  No lights yet, but soon it will shine at night like a beacon!


The concept of Daybooking was created by Peggy Hostetler.  If you would like to join in, visit her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook.


5 comments:

houseofestrogen said...

I would love to eat lower carb too, but it is so hard!! I am a pasta girl at heart!! Have a great week!

Karen said...

I hope we don't have a harsh winter either. But I have heard the same--hot summer, harsh winter. I read "The Search" by Suzanne Woods Fisher a few months ago--enjoyed it very much! She was a new author to me, and now one of my favorites :) Have a good week! ~Karen

melanie said...

Thanks for the visit, Jerralea :)

Wow, I read your Friday Fave post... What a recovery/remodel project to overcome the flood waters. Your 'new' home is looking lovely!

God bless ~ Melanie

Marge said...

Hi Jerralea, So happy to meet you. Love your name. Jeopardy and Wheel are my favorites too!

Took a peek at your previous entry and saw the flood waters. OMG! So happy to see you and your home have survived. Enjoy all the new stuff. Hugz!!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

I've been so busy with the first week of school, it's been hard to get around to read! Love the concept of this post -- and the picture.