Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday's Fave Five #134


Once again, Friday is here!

I had a good week and the time flew by.  I always like to stop on Fridays and reflect on the highlights of my week.  If I don't, it all passes into a blur!

If you are interested in doing the same thing, you might want to hook up over at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story.  Share life with a great group of people!

1.  I'm always looking for spring!  Although this week was cold and windy, still signs of spring were there to see, like these trees dressed in their spring finery.  You have to catch their white flowers quickly, because they turn green almost overnight:


All these were once white.  I took this Saturday at my second church job.  No doubt, this Saturday, when I go back, they will all be green!

2.  I really enjoyed getting ready for my turn to teach the Wednesday night bible study.  This month, I based my lesson on Psalm 3 and titled it "When You Are In A Mess of Your Own Making."  You can click here, if you'd like to read it.

3.  I have a not-so-secret stash of Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares filled with Caramel.  I have been rewarding myself with one every night!

4.  A couple of weeks ago, I saw a dress in Penney's that would be perfect for me.  I headed to the dressing room only to find out that every teenage girl in the area was in there trying on prom dresses.  I put the dress back on the rack and sadly left.  This week, I dropped by and there it was!  No one had bought it!  I went and tried it on and it was me.  The best part?  It was on sale for an even cheaper price than the first time I saw it.

5.  I have been reading just a little each night in Ann Voskamp's book, 1000 Gifts.  I am digesting it slowly trying to get every bit of truth and beauty in her words.  My advice to you is, run, don't walk, to your nearest book store and get your own copy.  Then, when you get your book, don't give up, press in and hear what God is telling you.

Well, that's been my week.  I'm looking forward to the weekend - for once I don't have it totally booked up!

Please go over to Living to Tell the Story and visit Susanne!

11 comments:

  1. our trees are still completely bare. I have been thinking of picking up that book

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trees are so lovely at this time of year. I do wish they’d hold their flowers a tad longer too, but glad they’re working hard to get into spring clothes. Ooh, I’d love to find your stash of chocolates. Ha. My mom always had a HUGE stash. Good for you in finding the dress again and on sale! I loved Ann’s book too. I will go back and re-read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress was really yours then. Glad it's on sale too. "Trees in their spring finery" sounds so beautiful. I love imagining that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started 1000 Gifts. I love chocolate and caramel, too!

    Glad to hear spring has sprung in your area -- enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the story about the dress! It was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so neat about the dress, both that it was still there and that it was a lower price!

    I'm enjoying flowering trees now, too. I haven't seen that particular type, though.

    Love chocolate! You have great discipline to only eat one a night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for finding a dress that is perfect for you! And on sale!

    (As always)the teaching is excellent. Very good word! The verse where David says "My glory and the lifter of my head...." has been an encouragement to us but now that I know WHEN David wrote that, I'm even more encouraged!!!

    That book keeps popping up on various blogs....it is on my 'wish list' already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when stuff like #4 happens. So fun.

    Seems a few of us have one form of chocolate or another on our lists.

    No flowering trees here yet but I can hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jerri!
    I'm very late getting around to fave fives. That is a fun story about that dress at Pennys. I love a bargain so that made me smile. Seeing signs of spring is a special treat. I hope your new week goes well...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I'm even later than Ellen at visiting for FFF. I love seeing the trees turning from white or pink or purple to all green. It assures me that spring is really and truly here. Hurray for being rewarded for waiting to purchase that dress by having it be even cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad I have all week before next Friday's Faves, it's going to take me that long to read everybody's! :)

    The dress - that made me smile! How wonderful! I also love 1,000 gifts,it is a treasure!

    I always keep chocolate out in my kitchen. It has made us all less inclined to gobble, it, since we know it's always there for us.

    I hope your flowering buds hold on just a little while longer.. and thank you for sharing your bible study! I wish you a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.