Friday, October 1, 2010
Friday's Fave Five #108
I've been thinking that paticipating weekly in the meme, Friday's Fave Five, is really journaling positively on a regular basis. There are some weeks that are filled with highlights and it is easy to pick five, other weeks are disasters and you have to search to come up with even one highlight, let alone five. And then there are the weeks that are just commonplace ... nothing special has happened ... in fact, it's hard to find anything that stands out in your memory. I love those kind of weeks!
I love the challenge of looking for something good! It's like a treasure hunt. I'm always up for the thrill of looking for blessings.
Susanne, at Living to Tell the Story, is the host of Friday's Fave Five. She and her faithful followers are expert at sharing positive highlights in their lives. Please join them by clicking here. AFTER your read my humble offering, please!
1. Passion: This week, I had the opportunity to have several conversations with people regarding the things God has laid on their hearts. Although it is often painful to see the struggle that some are going through in their endeavors to find where God wants them to serve, it is also exhilerating to see their passion and love for Christ. I always come away from these conversations feeling honored they felt safe to share their spiritual longings with me. It's also very uplifting to see that yes, in today's world, there are still those who long to serve Christ with all their being!
2. Nature: The world is so beautiful! Driving to work everyday, often preoccupied with my thoughts, I still notice and appreciate the beauty all around me. Today, especially the sunshine and the shadow made things look so wonderful. I wish I knew more about photography and could capture the interesting sights I see.
3. Fresh Air: I love the time of the year when we can have the windows open and feel the fresh breezes come into the house! It doesn't last long, so I need to enjoy it while I can.
4. Cooperation: I love it when we can all work together. Two different instances of copperation this week made me thankful: the worship team changed their practice to cooperate with schedule changes, and my husband helped me clean out the fridge - a job I had gotten behind on doing!
5. Chili - Tuesday, I made my first chili of the season! Fall is finally here!
Sorry, no photos to share this week. I'm looking forward to the weekend and perhaps some "down-time" to have an opportunity to go out and photograph what fall scenery I can find. The trees have not turned yet, but I'm sure there is beauty to be found!