Wednesday, September 29, 2010
RD12 for September 29, 2010
1. Do you believe, somewhere deep inside, that blondes do indeed have more fun? That they are "dumber" than brunettes or redheads? Be honest! I just think that blondes attract more attention than anyone else.
2. Which animal would you most like to observe in its wild habitat? Let's see ... I'm trying to think which animal is native to Hawaii ...
3. This week the U.N. announced that Dr. Mazlan Othman has been appointed the official "Alien Ambassador," should any extraterrestrials contact us. Have you, or has anyone you know, ever seen a UFO? No
4. Name your favorite Hitchcock film. I have always stayed away from "scary" movies, because they make me ... well ... scared. I have never seen a Hitchcock film. However, my brother loved that genre and saw everyone he could. I remember he was particularly impressed with "The Birds," so if I were going to pick a favorite, I'd pick that.
5. Would you rather spend time at the library, the mall, a craft store or home? Hands down, I'd rather spend time at home. It's good to be home! Next, it would be the library, then the craft store for places to spend time. As for the mall, I only go when I have to, and for as little time possible.
6. Which is your favorite? (Or Disney character, if you are a guy) I don't know if she is technically considered a princess, but Belle from Beauty and the Beast is my favorite. We've only seen her story about a million times here in our household! [Music from the soundtrack still plays in my head today - at the oddest times!]
7. What kind of art is your favorite? I love landscapes.
8. How do you feel about viral videos, that is, videos made by amateurs that end up on Youtube receiving thousands of hits? I think it's great - encourages creativity ... unless ... why is it called VIRAL? Does it impart viruses to others? If that is the case, then it's very very bad ...
9. Where do you buy your jeans? Wherever Gloria Vanderbilt stretch jeans are sold ... usually JC Penney's
10. Tell me about your first automobile accident. I was 17. I came out of the house that morning to find my windows all frosted over. I cleaned the front window, leaving the side and back windows alone. When I got to the main road, I pulled out in front of a speeding truck because I could not see through the side window that it was coming. Suffice to say, I did not have electric windows, or I could have lowered them to look before turning out into the traffic. The force of the collision made the windshield look like a glass spider web. But my old Dodge Coronet was built like a tank. My dad took it to the body shop and it lived to run the roads for a long time after that.
11. Have you ever been honest when you knew you would benefit more if you would be dishonest? I always try to be honest for two reasons, 1) I want to please God, and 2) if I attempted something dishonest, I would be caught immediately and, with my luck, publicly humiliated. It's just not worth whatever benefit I might think I'm getting.
12. If you were appointed "Ambassador to Aliens," what would you show and tell first about life on Earth? What would be the most difficult thing to explain? The first thing I would show would be a family and tell how that it is the first organization that God created. The most difficult thing would be to explain how even though He created them and gave His life for them, most people don't believe in God .... Also difficult to explain: how children can be so attached to a parent, even fight over who gets to sit next to mom or dad, and then about age 12, suddenly decide that being seen with a parent is totally lame! This aversion to a parent may last the next 6 to perhaps even 12 more years .... Just sayin'
If you'd like to join in on the random fun, link up at Linda's 2nd Cup of Coffee blog.