It's time, once again, to journal the highlights from my week. If you'd care to join in this exercise, link up with Susanne over at "Living to Tell the Story."
1. A miracle: The brightest spot in my week happened Thursday. One of my closest friends, Glenda, had been diagnosed with a mass behind her eye. I was really concerned, mainly because her doctor and the nursing staff really acted worried about this condition. A specialist was called in to examine her on Thursday. In the meantime, we passed the word along to all the prayer warriors we knew. Thursday evening, I got a phone call from Glenda and she was excited, "Everything's all right!" The short explanation is this: Everyone has a bag of gel behind the eye. In Glenda's case, the "gel bag" dried up so much that it looked like a mass. The specialist put some gel in the eye and explained that the eye would absorb the gel and correct the problem all on its own!
I told her I was going to tell everyone I know about God giving her a miracle! You might say, "well, her doctor just misdiagnosed her." Her doctor is one of the best eye doctors around and he ran the test showing the mass three times and got three opinions, all of them agreeing it was a mass.
God is good! He is good, even if the specialist had agreed that it was a mass. God promises to never leave or forsake us and He would have been with Glenda each step of the way had it became a serious situation. When we're in trouble, the first thing to do is call on Him for help. He is there the moment you call Him!
2. Another thing that brought me joy this week is using some of my yard sale treasures.
A colander filled with apples from a friend's orchard, a blue mason jar with hydrangeas from my bush, my little Good Will lamp casting a cheery glow on my countertop, these things make me happy.
It's the little things, really ....
3. Cooler temps! I might have mentioned this last week, but it bears repeating. I love cooler temperatures. Right now as I speak, my computer weather monitor says it is 64° outside. Bliss!
4. Blogging: Over the summer, many things have crowded out my blogging time. I'm glad to be getting on more of a schedule where I can blog more often. You know, I've done over 371 posts so far and I still think of things to say!
5. Quote of the week: "God is our strength and shield. He'll either shield us from trouble, or strengthen us in it." … from Turning Point Devotional, 11/14/09, Dr. David Jeremiah