It's a new year and a new opportunity to participate in Friday's Fave Five!
1. I'm totally in love with the idea of new beginnings, so, of course, January 1st is my favorite day of the year! Who can tell what exciting events the new year may bring?
2. I've shared before my love of dishes. Here are my favorite Christmas dishes, glasses and placemats. I use these all through the month of December.
3. I love the traditions of Christmas. Our family Christmas always includes a reading of the Christmas story by my husband.
4. Another favorite of mine is decorating the table with runners, candles, and some sort of centerpiece. Here is my December decoration. (Note that I'm using the poinsettia I was given for my 5th ministry assistant anniversary and the yard sale candlesticks I bought and my hubby spray painted this summer.)
5. Today is an occasion for another favorite: getting together with friends. One of my favorite groups of people, my Encouragers Sunday School class, will be gathering tonight to celebrate the new year, eat pizza, and play Apples to Apples with each other. I can't wait!
6. Wait a minute! How can I forget one more favorite -- this meme and all the participants! This group makes blogging enjoyable.