Friday, November 13, 2009
Friday's Fave Five - November 13, 2009
It's time for Friday's Fave Five, a time to think about a "few of our favorite things."
This has been another one of "those" weeks, but as always, there are favorite things I can think about.
1. Favorite Musical - "The Sound of Music."
2. Favorite Bible Teacher - Beth Moore. If you like Beth, you can watch her on "Wednesdays with Beth" on Life Today with James and Betty Robinson. The program is on several channels, so you can probably find it wherever you live if you live in the USA.
3. Favorite translation of the Bible: It's hard to choose because I have several I like: The Message, The New Living Translation, The Amplified. If I could only have one, I'd pick The New Living Translation.
4. Favorite food - pizza. I love any pizza - take out, homemade, even frozen, it doesn't matter. If it's pizza, I'll eat it.
5. Favorite meme - Friday's Fave Five, of course! I do participate in a lot of memes because I like structure and the pressure of writing daily (even though this week I didn't write much), and FFF is my favorite of all of them. One of the best things about this meme is that the participants are so good about coming by each blog and commenting. Comments are what makes blogging worthwhile!
This week I'm including a bonus fave - a quote:
Vance Havner tells of an old bishop who could not sleep. One night he found the promise in Psalm 121, that He who keeps Israel will neither slumber of sleep. He said, "Well, Lord, if You're sitting up with us there is no sense in my doing it. Goodnight, Lord!"
To read other favorites, visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.