1. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share.
Hmm... I have much more traumatic memories of high school, but I do remember being assigned to the boys' gym class by mistake in 7th grade. They thought Jerri was a boy! Can you believe it?
2. What's your favorite Beatles song?
When I first heard the Beatles, I was very very young and thought "I Want To Hold Your Hand" was the greatest. Looking back, now I think I like the song, "Yesterday," the best.
3. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be?
Are we talking most comfortable outfit I would wear to work or I would wear at home? At work my favorite is my brown dress pants with a brown, white, yellow and lime green tunic. It's comfy and I love to wear lime green. At home, I have a certain pair of denim capris and a hot pink Tshirt that feel so good when I put them on. I'm constantly laundering them and putting them right back on.
4. Would you rather host a party or be a guest?
Definitely be a guest. I have issues when it comes to hosting a party ...
5. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that?
I think there will always be traditional books; otherwise, how could you read in the bathtub or in bed? I would never want to live in a world without books to actually hold in my hand.
6. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing?
Before computers, I would have said that I learn best by reading, because I can look at a page and memorize what is there and even what side of the page it is on. When it comes to computers; however, I learn by experiencing. If someone shows me how to do something on the computer, I can't remember the next time I try to do it. If I follow along step by step, pushing all the buttons myself, I come much closer to being able to do it solo on my next attempt.
7. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?)
This is an easy question for me to answer, I cannot stand someone who curses. One curse word and there would be no second date.
8. Snacks. Salty or sweet?
Overall, salty, except for those times that I can get me some chocolate!
9. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there?
A dummies book of Office XP. It's been there a month or more ... (I've never opened it!)
10. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?
Mission Impossible. I love books and flicks about spies! Don't worry though, I could never be a spy, I'm too unobservant. (See question above.)
11. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle?
I use it to clean my toilet. After all, as Flylady says, soap is soap.
12. Your favorite Fall comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.)
I start serving chili as soon as it is cool weather.
Linda Crow, at 2nd Cup of Coffee, is the creator of the Random Dozen. If you'd like to join in, link up here.