Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tasty Tuesday - Granny's Cucumbers


I love this time of year when garden produce is so bountiful. Cucumbers are one of the vegetables we love to eat in summer, and our favorite way to eat them is just like Granny used to make.

Granny's Cucumbers
2-3 med. sized cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced (you can also use a Vidalia onion)
2/3 C apple cider vinegar
2/3 C sugar
2/3 C water

Combine the vinegar, sugar and water in a pretty glass bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add cucumber and onion slices. Sprinkle with black pepper to taste. Chill in refrigerator a couple hours before serving.

My family eats this up!

For other great recipes and tips, visit Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.

4 comments:

  1. Those sound great and will be a good addition to a BBQ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love cucumbers that way, too! It's a family favorite during the summer. :) In fact...I think I'll make it this weekend for our cookout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cucumbers - these sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Grandma makes cucumbers just like this too! Now I'm hungry for them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.