Is it Friday already? As usual, the week flew by! Which is one reason I always participate in Friday's Fave Five, a meme that explores the five most favorite things that happened in our week, making us take time to stop and reflect.
This week, my hubby has been busy with finishing remodeling the bathroom. As a result, the house has been filled with sheetrock dust, tools and general chaos. We've had little time to go on bike rides or do anything special. I've not taken any new pictures this week!
So, I've decided to share 5 favorites that comfort me no matter what kind of week I have had.
1. A relaxing dinner by candlelight using my favorite dishes, "Sunflower" by Corelle.
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Karen by Marie Killilea
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- The Loves Comes Softly series by Janette Oke
- Sophie's Heart by Lori Wick (possibly my all-time favorite)
- The Mitford Series by Jan Karon
4. Another favorite thing to do is to go for a drive and look at pretty scenery. And if I can't go for a drive, I can always look at pictures from past trips:
I love willow trees!
Another thing I love - old white farmhouses!
5. I love to listen to praise and worship music. I get lost in it and forget my troubles. My favorite praise and worship CD is by Terry MacAlmon, "Live Worship." I know it's been around awhile but it just speaks to me.
If you'd like to share some favorites, visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. This a great bunch of people who love to visit everyone's blog to share each other's small joys.