Time for Friday's Fave 5! This is a time set aside to reflect on our 5 favorite things from this week. It could be an event, a picture, a quote -- anything that brightened your week.
1. One of the highlights of my week was that one of our church members, a returning soldier, came home from Kosovo safe and sound. We are so glad to have him back. Welcome home, Bro. Michael! You may not realize it but your church home is not the same when someone is missing.
2. We had a Welcome Home potluck for Bro. Michael and someone made one of my favorite things: 7 Layered Salad. It was delicious!
3. As I've said before in other posts, I am a procrastinator. This week, I did one of my favorite things - finished a project that had been hanging over my head. I got my taxes done. Why I kept putting it off, I don't know. I knew I was getting a refund and still did not want to do it.
4. Last night, I made one of my favorite dishes: Fried Rice with Shrimp. (It's sad that two of my favorites are food ... ) Anyway, I got the basic recipe from Mother Hen at Ship Full O' Pirates, and added shrimp to it. Thanks, Mother Hen! (Sorry, I couldn't find the link to the recipe.)
5. Here's a favorite scripture:
“In the morning O Lord, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.”
Are you expectantly waiting?
To read other lists of favorites, visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.