Wednesday, January 14, 2009

WFMW-Texas Cake



I thought I'd share another one of my favorite recipes. This recipe comes from a cookbook that the FHA from our local school came up with about 30 years ago. If you love chocolate, you'll love this cake!


Texas Cake

Heat the following and stir until smooth:


2 sticks butter


4 tbsp. cocoa


1 C. water


Bring the above ingedients to a boil and let cool slightly.


Sift together:


2 C flour


2 C sugar


1/2 tsp. salt


1/2 tsp. baking soda


Pour cocoa mixture into flour mixture and mix well.


Beat 2 eggs and add to the eggs 1 carton (8 oz.) sour cream. Add this to cocoa mixture.


Bake in sheet cake pan (15"X1") at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes


Icing:


1 stick butter


1/4 C cocoa


6 Tbsp. milk


Bring to a boil and let cool slightly. Add 1 box powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 cup nuts (Optional: I don't add the nuts.) Spread on cake while still warm.


I hope you enjoy this moist chocolatey taste of heaven! It works for me!

For more recipes, tips and ideas, visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer.

5 comments:

  1. I only like really moist chocolate cake so this sounds wonderful. I'm off sweets for January so I have put it on my list for Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good Texas Sheet Cake recipe is a must have! Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I think this is the recipe a friend of a friend used and I've never been able to track it down until now!

    Thanks!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, sounds great! Thanks for sending me the link to this recipe.

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. The title has me drooling. Texas and Cake in the same sentence? It has to be good. :)

    I have to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing - and for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.