Wednesday, November 26, 2008

November Challenge - Giving Thanks - Day 26




Day 26, Wednesday, November 26: In a few minutes, I'm going to get off this computer and go into the kitchen and begin Thanksgiving cooking early so that I don't have to do it all tomorrow. As I think about today's challenge, I find several things to be thankful for:



  • All my family will be home for Thanksgiving. I realize that not always will this be the case. As the girls grow up, they might not be able to make it home for every holiday. I thank God that today (and tomorrow!) they are with me.

  • I thank God that we have plenty of food to serve.

  • I'm thankful for all the appliances that I have to make my job easier. I do not have to whip things by hand, fire up the woodstove, chop with knives, etc. Instead, I have a mixer, processor, stove, and best of all -- microwave! WooHoo for modern kitchen technology!

  • I'm thankful that all my family is healthy. One particular Thanksgiving, my husband was in the hospital during the holiday.

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving 2008?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.