Monday, October 20, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook for October 20, 2008


For Today...Outside my Window...is a cool beautiful fall morning. It is sunny and 45 degrees.

I am thinking... that I am so glad that His mercies are new every morning. I need them!

I am thankful for... that I have a job that I love doing.

From the kitchen... an old fashioned dinner tonight of kraut and wieners and fried potatoes.

I am wearing... black pants with a short sleeved black and green top and black sandals. I need to get my fall clothes unpacked!

I am reading... "White Christmas Pie" by Wanda Brunstetter. I love reading about the Amish, which is the topic of her books.

I am hoping... for reconciliation for my friends. I believe God's will is for us to live in harmony.

I am creating... a devotional I would like to write. More about that later.

I am hearing... a chainsaw in the neighborhood. Someone must be getting ready to keep those home fires burning!

Around the house... my hubby is getting ready to paint our kitchen a sunny yellow color.

One of my favorite things... is candy corn! I must get some this week!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... to unpack some fall clothes, and to take care of a bunch of paper clutter!



A picture thought I'm sharing:





These are some roses my Sunday School class bought me once for Teacher Appreciation. The wonder of digital photography means I can save them and enjoy them whenever I want. Today, I share them with you! [You'll have to imagine the fragrance!]

Join the fun! Go to Peggy's blog here, and see what others are saying today!

6 comments:

  1. I love candy corn, too, but only when it's mixed with nuts. ;-) Thanks for visiting Finer Things today! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special group you teach at Sunday School. I LOVE roses!

    Candy corn isn't too bad either. But Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, really can't be beat.

    Girl Scouts thin mints come in second though. ;-)

    Thanks for stopping by today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for reconciliation with your friends.

    Thank you for sharing and visiting my blog this morning.

    ~Mrs.Cuddles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been enjoying Wanda's book also....she's a good writer! I enjoyed reading your daybook...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful roses, Jerri! Thanks for visiting me last week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love yellow kitchens. And candy corn? Yum. Glad you stopped by at The Most Important Work.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.