Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Six Quirky Things

Gwendolyn over at All's Fair in Love and Chocolate wrote a post listing 6 quirky things about herself and then tagged whoever would want to participate.

Well.

I am totally quirky so I thought I'd join in. My only problem will be narrowing them down to six ...

1. I can't hear without my glasses on. I know it sounds crazy but the minute I take my glasses off, conversations become muffled and I have no idea what is being said.

2. However, this DOES not mean that I am a lip reader. Far from it. When my granny was alive, she used to mouth words at me from across the church. I would have no clue what she was saying. I'd think she was saying, "this is a really hot summer!" I would nod my head in agreement, all the while wondering why that was so important to tell me during church. Turns out she was asking if I wanted to come to dinner.

3. If I really get tickled at something, my laugh will turn into a wheeze. The funnier I think the situation is, the more asthmatic I sound.

4. I embarrass myself at funerals because random thoughts will appear in my brain and I get tickled. I am a "full-body laugher", so even though I am trying to squelch the laughter inside, my whole person will shake with trying to keep the giggles inside. I inherited this malady from my aunt; therefore, I have forbidden myself to sit anywhere near her at funerals -- or weddings. It's just ridiculous to see two women shaking and turning red during a solemn occasion.

5. I love to randomly belt out a line from this song: "Love is a many splendored thing" as I do things around the house. I also like to pretend to be the Everly Brothers and sing, "You say you're going to leave me, you know it's a lie, so tell me why, baby, why, baby, why baby why-y-y!" See, my family gets free entertainment, but do they appreciate it?

6. I love to read -- not just interesting books and magazines but important things like labels, the backs of cereal boxes, all the print on shampoo bottles whilst in the shower, road signs, license plates, etc. In fact, I am usually so busy reading license plates that I never see the drivers of vehicles. Which is why I am known for passing my relatives on the road and never noticing them. Once, I passed my husband as his vehicle was broken down on the side of the road. He was jumping up and down as I passed by and I never saw him!

Well, this has been fun but I have to save something for next time. If you'd like to participate, here are the rules:

Link to the person who tagged you.
  • Mention the rules on your blog.
  • Tell about six quirks of yours.
  • Tag six fellow bloggers to do the same.
  • Leave a comment to let them know

I'm going to do like Gwendolyn and open this to anyone who'd like to participate. If you'd like to see what she had to say, go here.

2 comments:

  1. I can't hear people without my contacts in! I've often been baffled by that. I do think that I have issues with my hearing, though, because I often have to tell my children to "look at me so that I can hear you". They think that I am insane.

    I also compulsively read anything with words on it. How neat! We are practically twins with all the quirkiness going on! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud! In that my husband keeps asking what's so funny from the other room kind of way, not just the typed out lol kind of way. I was randomly singing the Love Boat Theme song the other day... turns out my kids are notsomuch fans. Good times, good times. Blessings, Whitney

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.