Do you sometimss forget the good things God has done for you lately? If so, you are not alone.
In my bible study class, we are doing a deep dive in the Gospel of Mark. Something I noticed was how quickly the disciples forgot about Jesus supplying needs.
In Mark 6:30-44, Jesus feeds the 5,000 (plus women and children) with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish. Then in Mark 8:1-9, he feeds another huge crowd, This time, 4,000 men (plus women and children) are fed from 7 loaves of bread and a few small fish.
The time period between these two events is thought to be as little as a couple weeks up to two months apart.
I find it incredible that the disciples seemingly forgot about the feeding of 5,000 in less than 8 weeks time, When Jesus said He had compassion for the crowd because they'd been with Him so long without eating, the disciples response was:
“How are we supposed to find enough food to feed them out here in the wilderness?” (Mark 8:4)
Duh! You are with Jesus who spoke creation into exisence as well as multiplying bread and fish the last time the audience was a humongous crowd.
Maybe we shouldn't be too hard on the disciples, because I have forgotten plenty of times how God has shown up in the past for me. Haven't you?
Truth is, we need to be reminded often of the goodness of God.
As writers, we must continually get the message of hope out to the world in whatever ways we can because our readers need reminding of God's goodness.
- If you are overwhelmed, there is peace through Christ.
- If you have a prodigal, remember the Great Shepherd will search for that one lost sheep.
- If you are tired of falling in the same pit over and over, the Rescuer, Jesus, will get you out if you ask.
This is Day 13 of taking my reader along a journey with me as I birth my book. I hope you consider checking in daily to see my progress.
~~
I write for believers, but if you are not a believer and would like to know more, visit A Ticket Home. to find the way Home.
Sharing at InstaEncouragements Link-Up
All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.