Memories are precious, aren't they?
Most of my character, Morgan Ford's, childhood memories are sad, but a few stand out like a shining light. Here's one:
... I saw myself as a skinny, scraggly-haired kid, jumping with enthusiasm and talking a mile-a-minute. My grandma Rose was always encouraging me."My Morgan, you are SO smart," she'd say. "You are going to do something awesome someday. I just know it!" Her beautiful brown eyes would sparkle with delight every time she looked at me. Even though my ice-blue eyes and almost-black hair looked out of place next to her glamorous auburn curls, she seemed to think I was so adorable.She would hug me so tightly and kiss my cheeks until they tingled. I loved it because I sure didn't get affection from anyone else.
Grandparents can make such a difference in the lives of their grandchildren which is why I chose to create a special bond betwee my characters, Rose and Morgan, in my novel.
~~
In my own life, I remember my Granny Violet standing in her driveway, waving good-bye to us with tears in her eyes, as my dad backed the car out and we headed home to Florida. There was no doubt how she felt about us, and we knew she would always welcome another visit from us.
Do you have a special memory from a grandparent? Please share in the comments and uplift grandparents!
~~
This is Day 15 of taking my reader along a journey with me as I birth my book. I hope you consider checking in daily to see my progress.
~~
I write for believers, but if you are not a believer and would like to know more, visit A Ticket Home. to find the way Home.
Sharing at Let's Have Coffee
All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.