Friday, March 17, 2023

Pausing to Practice Gratitude

It's been awhile since I've popped in to join the writers at Friday's Fave Five who post weekly to practice their attitude of gratitude. I love to join them because God has been so very good to me. I should honor Him with thanks every day.

1. I notice our hostess of FFF, Susanne, has been hosting this meme for 725 times. That's fourteen years, y'all! I am thankful for everyone who hosts a link-up so that writers may have a platform to share their work; but I'd say she is probably the most dedicated one I know. Kudos to you, Susanne!

2. I'm an overwhelmed homemaker. I am thankful for a couple things that make my job easier. First, I love my Alexa show device. She lives in my kitchen, and anytime I use up an item while cooking, I just say, "Alexa, add chili powder (or whatever the item is) to my shopping list," and she does it. It took me some time to get away from my paper and pencil habit for grocery lists; but this is so convenient. I don't have to stop, wash and dry my hands in order to write something on my list, I just say it and keep on cooking. My husband adds whatever items he wants as he thinks of it as well. Alexa will also play music or podcasts for me as I cook. 

3. This next thing goes hand in hand with Alexa and that is online grocery ordering. I just pick up my phone that also has my Alexa synced to it, open my shopping app, and get to ordering. I'm usually done in 15 minutes. When my pickup time comes due, I drive to the store, and the nice young person comes and loads my car, then off I go to the next thing. What a time saver! (And it cuts down on impulse buying.)

4. I try to save time because I'm all about finding time to do other things; such as my core group bible study with my besties. Right now, we are meeting one Friday night a month. It's a group of 3 couples and it is so much fun. We eat together, study together and talk and laugh a lot! Everyone needs a group like this.

5. I listened to an audible book, Beth Moore's "All My Knotted Up Life," and it wrecked me in the best way. Without giving too much away, I just wanted to say the way God wove all the strands of her life to come together at this point in time was beautiful to me. Because I believe and trust He will do that in the life of everyone of His believers.


Feasting on the words of St. Paul describing whar love really means:

It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 1 Corinthians 13:5

I serve a God who promises to forgive if I ask. I'm so glad I'm His. (If you'd like to know more, check out "A Ticket Home.")

I pray you have a great week; and I encourage you to hunt for blessings. They are everywhere if you just look.

~~

I'm honored you dropped by the Journey. Perhaps you might want to check out Jerralea.com for my latest post, The Superpower to Choose My Thoughts,  or my latest series, Transformation: Becoming a Prayer Warrior.

Sharing at Grace & Truth

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this FFF post. That's a Beth Moore book i've been wanting to dig into but just haven't found it yet at our library. (yes they sometimes have her books!).
    I used to shop online for groceries but i don't anymore. I might go back to it once in awhile but we go through so much fresh fruit and veggies and i like to see them, smell them, touch them before buying hahahah. I never trust the workers to do it for me. One time I got a BAD cucumber and was appalled that she/he thought it was ok to add to my order. But it IS convenient.
    We don't have Alexa but I do use Siri on my iphone often.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to FFF! I've missed your updates.
    I know my daughter likes to order her groceries online as it saves her so much time.
    Love your small group! Those relationships are so important.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerralea, I'm just loving your sticky notes verse! How grateful I am that He doesn't treat us as our sins deserve. What a wonderful Savior!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband uses Alexa much more than I do. I mainly ask it the weather forecast. :-) He likes to listen to a Fox news brief while getting dressed in the morning.

    I used to order online quite a lot. Then we started having trouble with substitutions -- either they wouldn't substitute anything or it would be something totally off (like regular sodas instead of the diet variety we ordered). I still like to use it with WalMart sometimes since it's such a big store to get through and it takes forever to check out since they only have 1-2 lanes open.

    I like finding ways to save time, too, in order to make time for better things. Your Bible study group sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you here. I think I need to get an Alexa - we have a Google home but it seems to have stopped working. Will probably need the kids to set it up for me though lol. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 14 years is a long time to host a linkup! I used to participate in FFF myself years ago and always enjoyed the community. How fun that you have a couples group on Friday night each month. I'd love to have a group like that myself. I have Beth Moore's book on hold at my library. Can't wait to read it! I listened to her talk about it on a podcast and it sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to see you in the FFF's again! I am so behind on commenting but I am plugging away. Sounds like Alexa is really giving you a hand in making some things easier in your life. I used to order groceries online but got out of the habit, I need to get back to that, Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.