Wednesday, January 25, 2023

67 Trips


 

So, what have I learned on this journey?

There are several things that have never changed during my lifetime.

First of all, I’m still me. When I was a skinny, scraggly-haired kid, I could find excitement, joy and humor everywhere I looked. I’m no longer skinny, my hair stays put; but I still am filled with enthusiasm, and there is nothing I love more than a good story or a chance to laugh!

Something else has never changed during this journey is the knowledge of these three truths:

1. Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. This is the bedrock of my life. Even when I feel less than lovable, I cling to this assurance.

2. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. (1 John 1:9 NLT) This is the cure for the times I feel less than lovable; when I have messed up, but I know what to do.

3. And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28 NASB) So far, everything that has ever happened to me has worked out in the end. I believe it will continue.

I joyfully take the knowledge of these facts as I face the remainder of my time here on earth. I have much I still want to see and do; but I know my Good Shepherd is in control and will see I make it Home.

Until then, does anybody know any good stories?

~~

I'm sharing at Let's Have Coffee and Grace & Truth

 

 

 


6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Jerralea! Your neighbor at Let's Have Coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Jerralea! Amen to every one of these truths! May the year ahead be filled with many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday wishes...hope you had a wonderful day! Such precious truths there. Thanks for sharing - and what a difference they make as we continue to make these trips around the sun. Truths that never change but continually make the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiest of birthdays and AMEN to all of these truths you list. Have a blessed trip around the sun again......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Jerralea. Thanks for joining with me on this 67th year. Always good to know we're not alone as the years go by. Grateful that we continue to connect here and there. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.