Monday, November 25, 2019

Praise Post: God uses imperfect people

Welcome back! In this week before Thanksgiving, I'm re-sharing 7 of my most popular Praise Posts from 2014. Here is offering #5:




Today, I was thinking about the many examples God has shared in His Word of imperfect people He has used.  I'm so glad He included all those who made mistakes so that I can identify with each one.

I'm thankful for the story of:


  1. Joseph.  His story teaches me perseverance and continuing to believe what God has told you, no matter what comes your way. (And maybe we should be careful who we tell our dreams to - and when!)
  2. David. His example is of someone who sinned greatly but repented perhaps better than anyone else. God said David was a man after His own heart. What an honor to have that said about you!
  3. Ruth. Her story is one of faithfulness. She started out in a pagan world. In the end, she received an honor few other women received - Her name is mentioned in the genealogy of Christ.
  4. Mary. She chose to obey God's will even when she knew it would mean disgrace and heartache. She also is the most blessed among women.
  5. Peter. I'm so glad God included the story of an impulsive person who often acted before he thought. Peter did a lot of things wrong - just like I have done - but he truly loved Jesus and Jesus used Peter in building His church.
  6. BONUS:  Of course, if I'm sharing stories, I can't leave out the story of the one perfect person, Jesus. His story made it possible for me to have a story - A story of forgiveness and being adopted into God's family. 

Now it's your turn. What blessings can you count today? Leave a comment and share.

I'm sharing this post with the community at 
InspireMeMonday

3 comments:

  1. These stories are so real, showing human nature and God's grace & mercy. God wants us to be in relationship with Him, receiving grace and mercy! Giving thanks with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that God uses imperfect people, and ones that have some of the same faults I have, in his bible. They are so encouraging and show me that he is using me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so grateful that God takes us as we are, molds and changes our hearts to He can use us ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.