Thursday, April 19, 2018

AmaZing Quieting Love


A little while ago, MiMi and PaPa had the privilege of keeping baby Rory overnight.

Yay! A whole evening of snuggles and baby kisses!

This was our second time to keep her overnight in Rory’s 8 months of living. The first time was pretty easy because she pretty much slept the whole time.

This time was almost as easy because Rory’s favorite thing is to sit in her bouncing chair in front of the TV while the movie Boss Baby plays. She can make that chair jump!

(I love Boss Baby, by the way. Sometimes, I’m tempted to watch it when Rory is not here.)

However, there was one part of the evening when Rory decided to exercise her lungs. By exercising her lungs, I mean she threw a crying fit.

After trying all sorts of things to calm her; I ended up tucking her close in my arms and rocking her while singing and whispering words of love to her. Eventually, she quit crying and the next thing you know, she was asleep.

I quieted her with my love.

Sometimes, we hit a rough patch on our journey. I’d like to say we are always mature and tell God the problem and then wait for Him to move.

Or, we do like Rory and pitch a fit.

Maybe we ought to tuck in near to Our Father, hide under His wings, so to speak. Trust that He will save us. Zephaniah tells us He will croon words of love over you and quiet you with His love.

After all, that’s really what all of us want – to know we are loved.

Zephaniah 3:17 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”

His love is so AmaZing!

~~~



Be encouraged on your journey Home to AmaZing Love. It. Will. Be. Worth. Everything!

Check back here every day for new links. I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.


~~~

I'm linking this post to Brenda Bradford Ottinger's Chasing Community linkup.

4 comments:

  1. We are all babies to God. :)

    You know why He quiets us? So we can hear Him singing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think when we "pitch a fit", God does remind us how much we are loved and does comfort us with either his words from scripture or a song or a kind word from others.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe!! Beautiful baby. Beautiful message. ((Hug))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, after a week of pitching a fit, I definitely was convicted and yet comforted by this post. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.