Thursday, November 23, 2017

Enduring Love/Mercy # 23

Happy Thanksgiving! I am beyond grateful for all God has given me. This year, I've been focusing on thankfulness regarding His word. Here is today's thought:



Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!

For His mercy endures forever.
1 Chronicles 16:34 NKJV


When I read the above scripture, I said to myself, "Self, I know I've heard that phrase, 'His mercy endures forever,' before."

Self said, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is whole Psalm that repeats it every other line."

So, I looked it up. Yes, Psalm 136 tells us "His mercy endures forever," 26 times!

But guess what? There is a total of 42 times in scripture we are told the Lord's mercy endures forever.

42 times.

Mind. Blowing.

Now, don't get me wrong, that's not an invitation to live anyway you want because of that mercy. He is a holy just God and demands repentance and confession of sin.

But oh! I'm so thankful I can stand on this:


But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 1 John 1:9 NLT

It's because of mercy and forgiveness I praise Him out of unending gratitude.

What do you think? Does knowing of God's enduring love and mercy make you want to shout?



~~~



This is Day #23 of prompts from 30 Days of Thanks-Living. You can see the entire list at Crystal's An Invitation to 30 Days of Thanks-LivingAlthough Crystal's list is for her Facebook group, I'm blogging on her prompts. 

Want to read more praises? Look over in my sidebar and see a featured post from 2014. I'm still praisin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.