Monday, October 23, 2017

Fax from Heaven?

Years ago, I worked with an associate pastor who was in a life and ministry transition. He was perplexed and wondered what to do. He'd often come in and say, jokingly:

"Has my FAX from God came in yet? I've been asking Him what to do."

(This was before the days of wide-spread email use. A FAX was considered a marvel at the time.)

I thought that was hilariously funny and often through the years would say, "Well, I haven't received a FAX from God yet, so ..."

Fast forward to last week.

When I left the office on Thursday, I was the last one in the building, except for Pastor. Come Friday morning, I was the first one to walk in.

Sitting in the printer was a message printed in color. It looked like a flyer. It so happens my printer is the only color printer in the building. It also happens to be a fax machine, 

I looked at it and knew I had not created the document. I figured Pastor must have done it. He probably wanted it to be in color and so had picked my printer for the print job.

I set it aside.

Later in the day, Pastor had come in and was busily working on his sermon. I went into his office to have him proof the bulletin and grabbed the flyer, too. 

After handing him the bulletin, I said, "Oh, and here's your flyer."

He looked at me and asked "What are you talking about? I didn't make this."

"You didn't? But we were the only ones in the building ... I know I didn't make it."

He started laughing. "I promise you, I did not make it. Maybe God sent it!"

I joined in laughing, "Well, I've always begged God to send me a FAX but I didn't think it would be this!"

Are you curious what the message said? 





If you think about it, it's exactly what He would say!


~~~


I'm sharing this post with the communities at Soul Survival and Char's Trekking Thru.


~~~

Oh, and by the way, I did discover someone had been in the library after I left the night before because a piece of equipment was moved to the table from the floor. So, possibly someone used the printer ... or not ...

4 comments:

  1. I love this! God is definitely able to use technology for His glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!

    Sometimes we need to see truth in black and white for us to realize yet again that He is in control of every detail.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.