Thursday, June 25, 2015

Throwback Thursday: On Our Way

One year ago this month, we were on our way to meet the newest members of our family.


Airplane Selfie On Our Way to Denver

We were beyond excited to meet our grandtwins who were born June 6, 2014.  What a journey it has been.

It really shouldn't have been surprising because after giving birth three times, I already knew how once you've made eye contact with your sweet baby, you are a goner for life.

Grandchildren are no different.




The moment I laid eyes on my sweet Baylee and Brody, life was never the same. There were two more to think about, pray for and love on. What a blessing!

I think God uses parenthood - and grand-parenthood - to teach us many many lessons. Learning life is not all about you, patience and sacrifice are just some of the bigger things we master on this parenting journey. But I think the biggest thing we learn is about love. The love that swells up inside us when we meet our flesh and blood is only a fraction of the love God has for His creation.

For your steadfast love is great above the heavens;    your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.... Psalm 108:4 ESV

Even more than Baylee and Brody can count on my always loving them, every believer can count on the love God has for them - unwavering, immeasurable and infinite. 

Mama’s Losin’ It

This post was written in response to Writer's Workshop prompt # 1. Throwback Thursday: Choose a photo from a previous June and write a poem or a blog post. I chose our photo from last June taken on our trip to Denver, CO.

Do you have a throwback Thursday pic to share?  Link up at Kat Bouska's blog, Mama's Losin' It, and tell us all about it!



7 comments:

  1. This gave me chills! :) Good ones! Thank you for reminding us of His love for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooo ready for a grandbaby....now if one of my kids would just cooperate ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always so comforting that we do have the love of God always with us :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to being a granny one day! Although it would help if my oldest daughter started dating :)

    LOVED this post and i truly cannot believe it has been a year already!! Happy Birthday to those adorable twins :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot stand how sweet they are! My goodness and so much growth happens in a year. I bet they are ready to start climbing on all the thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.