Thursday, October 24, 2013

No Special Training Required

I wonder if God, when inspiring Paul to write Ephesians, saved the best for last in our listing of spiritual armor?  He knew anyone could use this weapon - even a novice. No special training required and you don't even have to have a license to use it!

Ephesians 6:18  King James Version (KJV)

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
I find it interesting that Paul says we should pray always with all prayer and supplication.  All kinds of prayer are appropriate:  corporate prayer, individual prayer, both silent and spoken prayer, constant and fervent prayer, while on our knees or standing up, or desperate intercessory prayer whilst on our faces before God - all prayer is useful and needed.

Prayer is something the weakest most timid warrior can do as well as the strong and the bold. You don't get much glory for praying but I've an idea praying pleases God very much.

We need to be praying for everyone but in the arena of spiritual battle we need to be backing our own with prayer.  Paul says pray with all perseverance and supplication for all saints. In other words, continue praying for all our fellow believers with all our might.

Don't give up, prayer warrior. You are so needed.


Scripture for further study:






This post is Day 25 of my series, 31 Basics for Believers.  You can find all the posts here.


i'm doing it!
I'm linking my series to a whole passel of bloggers who are blogging on one subject for 31 days.  There are topics for everyone!  If you like to join in, visit the Nester at her blog, Nesting Place.

2 comments:

  1. The topic of our midweek service tonight is Prayer! I love it when the Holy Spirit makes my spirit ready to receive! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jerralea
    Sometimes when the burden in my heart for someone or a specific need, or I battle with excruciating Fibro pain and I just cannot put the cries of my heart into words. I earnestly believe that the Holy Spirit prays in these cases on our behalf in words that cannot be uttered!
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.