Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 25 - Be Encouraged: A Future Home Beyond Compare



Yes, we are citizens of heaven, which is a better country.


Hebrews 11:16 (KJV)

But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Think of it!  A country that has a balanced budget, peace, perfect weather, no civil unrest and no political ads politicians!

To make it even more wonderful, God has prepared for us a city.  A city made with us in mind.  God made such a gorgeous earth, imagine how much more glorious a city would be tailor-made just for His children. 

While I was thinking about this wonderful city, a song I had heard from The Perrys awhile back started playing in my head (most of the voices in my head are the sounds of songs).  This song describes the longing in my heart while I'm on this Journey:

I’M BOUND FOR A CITY

Chorus:


I’m bound for a city beyond compare


I’m bound for a city and I must go there


Where there’s no sorrow and no more night


I’m bound for a city where the Lamb in the light





John saw that city coming down


And it’s called the new Jerusalem


The walls are jasper and streets are gold


But the half has never yet been told




Sometimes the road of life, well it gets rough


And I won’t turn back, no I can’t give up


I want to see my loved ones who have gone on before


And there we’ll live and reign forevermore 
(The Perrys)

Be encouraged - our future home is beyond compare!


If you'd like to read the entire 31 Days of Encouragement series, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.