Friday, May 18, 2012

Eternal Perspective

Today is 5 Minute Friday.  Lisa-Jo from the Gypsy Mama chooses a topic and we write for 5 minutes.  I think of it as mental exercise!
 

For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. James 4:14


PERSPECTIVE

It makes a difference whose shoes you wear when you look at things.   I may never understand why a person does what he does unless I'm walking in his shoes.  I can't possibly understand why unless I've been through the same life experiences.

With that being said, I'd venture to say that most people do not have the perspective we should have.  We look at things from a carnal view wondering how things will work out to make us have the best life possible in the here and now. God is more concerned with eternal perspective.  

I used to always say, when the kids were little, "Will it matter 5 years from now?"  The real question is, "Will it matter in eternity?"

This life is not all there is.  I'm sorry if you don't believe that, but your unbelief does not make it so.

I want to always have the godly kind of perspective where I make choices that DO matter.  In eternity, I want to be able to look back and see that I chose rightly.

STOP

3 comments:

  1. Great reminder to live with "eternity's values in views". Thanks for sharing your heart and thoughts on perspective and nice to "see" you again! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rachel! Sometimes it's hard to get that eternity thing as a priority rather than the now in the present. My question used to be, "Is this a biggie?" And compared this present crisis to ones in the past. It did give some perspective, but not an eternal one. Loved being here today! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all of us, because we are imperfect human beings, have a distorted perception of life. It's not always easy to have an eternal perspective when you are a finite being.

    Great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.