Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Cha..Cha..Changes


Today is Thankful Thursday. I've been so busy lately that I don't always get to participate, but I don't want to get away from focusing on thankfulness. An attitude of gratitude makes life so much sweeter - for me, as well as everyone I come in contact with!


Iris, who hosts Thankful Thursday, posted on her blog about being thankful for the changes the Lord is working in her life. I appreciate that because so often people do not feel thankfulness for change. Granted, change can be scary but it also can be fun. Many times when we look back, we see that change ushered in some of the best times of our lives.


A great example of change bringing wonderful times in my life is when I had my children. My husband and I struggled with infertility for 10 years before our first child was born. We were set in our ways, used to only considering the two of us in our decisions. When Baby Liss came, that all changed. She became the focus of our world. 5 years later, Baby Janae brought more change. Now we had to consider taking two kids with us wherever we went. Then the biggest change of all, Baby Malia joined us 21 months after Janae. (Why is it the third child seems to bring the most change?)


Now, I can barely remember my life before the girls came. These past 22 years of being a mom has been the best! I wouldn't trade those kisses and hugs, "Mom, I love you"s and homemade cards and art work for anything in the world.


Yet, I admit that sometimes change is painful. Sometimes loved ones become ill or die. Sometimes catastrophe strikes and a home or even a way of life is gone in an instant.

That's when I lean on God's Word:


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


When change comes, good or bad, we have to remember that the Lord wouldn't allow it to happen unless He is going to use it to prosper us in some way. It may feel like harm to us at the time but the future will show that He had us in His Hand all along.


I'm thankful for the changes He has brought in my life, and I'm excited to see what the next change will be. Life is change, change is good.


Visit Iris at Grace Alone and see what others post about thankfulness.

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got your wonderful family. They are a true blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord for your children being born after your struggle with infertility. What a wonderful blessing in your life! I loved your post. Happy Thankful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my diningroom I have Jeremiah 29:11 painted on my wall with ivy all around it. It is one of my first scriptures I've ever memorized. I love your About Me where you mention Pollyanna..I LOVE her!! lol. I always felt so wonderful in my heart as a child when I would watch that show, even now! I think I need to buy me a DVD of that movie..Thanks for sharing. Your right, being thankful doesn't only bless us but those around us...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 wonderful girls. My niece has
    3 little girls and they keep her busy. She so looks forward to my coming to visit.

    Happy TT
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment on my TT post. I love that song too it reminds me how great is our GOD indeed.
    I am encouraged on how you look at the changes in your life. But for me...I comfort myself with this saying:"the only permanent thing in this world is change." But I rest upon the Lord knowing He doesn't change at all.
    Happy weekends and God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.