Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thankful Thursday-Trees

I'm thankful for trees. They are so beautiful! And useful, too. If we had no trees, we'd have no paper, no wood furniture, picture frames, hardwood flooring, lumber to build houses, etc. If we had no trees, there would be no shade, no place to sit and feel cooling breezes. No tree swings. There'd be a whole lot less oxygen in the air.

I'd miss the sound of the wind rustling the leaves. So calming, so tranquil ...

This picture was taken one time when we were driving through a forest in a national park. When we entered the forest, it was like entering in to a climate that was ten degrees cooler. The glare of the sun went away. It seemed quieter. You felt peace.

We can be like trees. I love Psalm 1:3 that says,
"And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity].
Three awesome points are in this verse: in the right season (timing) you'll be fruitful, you won't wither away [dry-up] and you will prosper in everything you do. What's the catch? [See verse 2 of Psalm 1]. IF you delight in God's law and meditate on it day and night you can be like that fruitful tree.

I don't know about you, but I definitely want to be fruitful.

God invented a world of wonders for us to enjoy. Physical trees are some of His best handiwork, and so are spiritual "trees."

If you'd like to see what others are thankful for, visit Iris at Grace Alone.






10 comments:

  1. This was an awesome post, bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great post!

    Thanks for sharing

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trees too!
    Blessings to you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this tt post! Powerful!

    Blessings to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Thankful Thursday post! Thank you for sharing your heart. I think when I go outside tonight I will thank God for the wind in the trees and the things the trees provide. Great Scripture, too. I love that verse! Happy Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore this post. I love trees and am often a tree hugger myself. We just moved into a house with lots of shade and trees around and I'm loving it. Thank you for this post! Happy Thankful Thursday!

    http://crazyadventuresinparenting.blogspot.com/2008/10/thankful-thursday-29-days-of-giving.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a GOOD ONE; thank you! I love how you tied the scripture to it. I've been searching for one watching all the leaves turn here in Minnesota; this was much needed today. Blessings, Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful words. Fall always reminds me just how much I love trees!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too like trees - indeed a wonderful creation of the hands of God. I wish I could experience the seasons here in AZ :)
    The Psalm you have shared with us is awesome - beautiful reminder that if we are rooted in His Word, He will make us fruitful.

    Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

    Be blessed today and always...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love trees too. I spent one year in Oregon, my son was born there, and I just loved to drive around on the country roads admiring the trees, all their different sizes and shapes and colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.