Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Sky Full of Blessings


I remember once when I was little, I was playing outside on a swing set with a little girl from the neighborhood. Somehow, we got into a discussion about who's daddy was the biggest. She said her daddy was bigger than the swing set that we were on. I said, "well, my daddy's bigger than the house."


"Nuh-uh, my daddy is bigger than that tree right there!" she argued.


"Well ... my daddy ... is bigger than the SKY!" I said with pride. After all, who could top that?


When I grew up, I was surprised that actually my father was not all that tall!


My earthly father may not have had characteristics that reached the sky, but my heavenly Father does!


"For as the heavens are high above the earth,
so great are His mercy and loving-kindness toward those
who reverently and worshipfully fear Him." Psalm 103:11

And,
"Your love, O LORD, reaches to the
heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."
Psalm 36:5

I am so thankful that His qualities of mercy, love and faithfulness are so bountiful that the earth cannot contain it - it goes up into the heavens. Even with all the space travel that man has done, the boundaries of heaven have not yet been reached.

There's enough of His love to go around for everyone, no matter how many times we mess up.

And that's why I'm thankful!

Visit Iris at Grace Alone to find out why others are thankful.

7 comments:

  1. Amen! I am thankful for those too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a sweet post, bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How insightful of you! I love your Thankful Thursday post even if it's not on joy. I guess we learn as we go. But really... we should probably just share what's on our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! It is nice to know that our Heavenly Father is bigger than any problem we might face! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice story to put along with this TT post! That is so fitting. Praise God for his abundance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my Daddy is bigger than the sky. i like that. yes, our heavenly Daddy is and we can TRUST that He has our LIVES on the palm of HIS hand. God bless you, jerri.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.