One
of my characters in my fiction work-in-progress is Sister Clara who felt led to
take in some new believers under her wing and teach them more about the bible.
She started with Psalm 23, particularly emphasizing verse 1.
As she explained to the bible study
ladies: “Everything
we need to make it in this life will be given to us. We are to live our lives
believin’ that and standin’ on it. When lack comes knockin’ at your door, slam
the door in its face and say, ‘My God shall supply my need, Lack, you go away
and don’t come back!’”
In
my own life, this week this verse is speaking to me:
Since I have a horror of confrontation, sometimes it is tempting to smooth things over. But some things cannot be smoothed – to do so would be a lie.
I’m
trusting in God to work out things for He knows my heart is to always honor Him
above all else.
Have you ever had to make an unpopular choice to stand up for integrity?
“The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need.” Psalm 23:1 NLT
~~
“May integrity and honesty protect me,
for I put my hope in you.” Psalm 25:21 NLT
Since I have a horror of confrontation, sometimes it is tempting to smooth things over. But some things cannot be smoothed – to do so would be a lie.
“To do righteousness and justice
is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.” Proverbs 21:23 ESV
Have you ever had to make an unpopular choice to stand up for integrity?
All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy.
~~
This is Day 5 of taking my reader along a journey with me as I birth my book. I hope you consider checking in daily to see my progress.
~~
I write for believers, but if you are not a believer and would like to know more, visit A Ticket Home. to find the way Home.
Sharing at Sweet Tea & Friends

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.