Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Grateful for Salvation Stories

 

It's good every day to reflect on the good things in our lives. An attitude of gratitude is important.

My main protagonist in my book, accepts Christ as her Savior in her sixteenth year; but by the time she turns eighteen, she learns some hard truths and turns away from Christ. For nine long years she neglects God and barely speaks to Him.

But over time, she learns the lengths to which the Father will go to find that one lost sheep. Once she realized her value to the Father, she became bold to testify about her story.

 


My salvation story contains a near-death experience when I was fourteen. A Sister at church had witnessed to me just a week earlier. I told her I would give my life to Christ later. I had things I wanted to do first. She ended the conversation, “Don’t wait until it’s too late.”

Days later, my family and I were travelling in a car that had a carbon monoxide leak.  I was discovered when my parents stopped way earlier than they normally did for lunch and realized I was in trouble. Rushed to the emergency room, I was revived in time to hear the doctor tell my dad, “It’s good you stopped driving when you did. I don’t know how much longer she would have lasted breathing in that poison.”

I thank God for that story because it woke me up. No one is promised tomorrow – not even a 14 year old girl!

The day of salvation (accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior) is today!

Don’t wait!

All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy. 

~~

This is Day 3 of a taking my reader along a journey with me as I birth my book. I hope you consider checking in daily to see my progress.

~~

I write for believers, but if you are not a believer and would like to know more, visit A Ticket Home. to find the way Home.


Sharing at Sweet Tea & Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.