Do you like stories with gentle humor? I do! I always think using humor gets the point across in the best possible way.
In my work as a fiction author, I'm endeavoring to make my characters relatable. Two of my characters, the mother, Sharon, and the daughter, Morgan, have a long history of verbal abuse. Now that they are both believers in Christ, they are learning to communicate in love. Here is a scene where I tried to incorporate a little everyday humor as Morgan counsels Sharon on confidence:
As we pulled up to the curb in front of the diner, Mom said, "What does a confident demeanor look like?"
"It's all in the mind," I explained. "Just think, "I'm Morgan, a confident and powerful woman. I will be polite; but I am busy; so I don't have time for idle chat." Once you have that mindset in plce, your demeanor will look exactly like that.""Okay, but I think I will say, 'I am Sharon' instead of Morgan," Mom said with a grin.Rolling my eyes, I got out of the car, muttering under my breath, "Everyone's a comedian.""I heard that," Mom said sweetly as she joined me on the sidewalk.We assumed the position, linked arms, and strolled confidently into Herb's Diner.
Do you feel the world sees you as a confident person?
As for me, if I know what I'm doing, I feel I look confident; but if I don't, I revert to my natural state of shyness!
~~
This is Day 11 of taking my reader along a journey with me as I birth my book. I hope you consider checking in daily to see my progress.
~~
I write for believers, but if you are not a believer and would like to know more, visit A Ticket Home. to find the way Home.
Sharing at Sweet Tea & Friends
All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.