Tuesday, February 6, 2024

An Update on the Journey

Hello, dear readers!

It has been a minute since I've posted on the Journey. I thought I would drop in today and catch up everyone on the events in my world.

Like everyone else, the holidays took a big chunk of my time; along with my two cataract surgeries, the weird weeks of seeing out of balance between the surgeries, and preparing for the annual business meeting at my job. 

Something had to go on the back burner. I'm here to tell you the idea of "you can have it all," is a falsehood. You can do a lot of things; but you can't do everything.

Added to the mix of things calling for my attention was an opportunity. An opportunity to take a step closer to my dream of becoming a published author.

I entered into an agreement with a writing coach who is going to help me polish my novel for publication. During the next six months - maybe longer - I'm going to be actively engaged in editing my masterpiece.

I'm investing in my dream with not only my money; but my efforts and time. (Time is a very precious commodity!)





Therefore, dear reader, the Journey will be quiet. From time to time I may be able to pop on to share something on my heart or revive a blast from the past; but mostly the blog will be laying fallow during this season of preparation. 

Just like the farmer gets all his equitpment ready during the winter to go all-out with planting in the spring, the writer must also prepare her seed (her words) and her equipment (the vehicle for those words) to go all-out to release them into the world. 

The Journey will always be here - I'm very passionate about this little spot of mine in the cyber world. I'll be back to break up the fallow ground when the time is right.

In the meantime, best wishes to you all. My prayer is the Lord would bless you all richly in your endeavors, and you would be drawn ever closer to Him.

All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy. 

~~


Thanks for dropping by the Journey! I want to always share my post, A Ticket Home, for those who might not know the way Home.

Have you read my Transformation Series yet? The landing page for all the posts can be found at Transformation: Becoming an Effective Prayer Warrior.

Sharing at InstaEncouragements Link-Up


1 comment:

  1. OOH....can't wait to read about your new journey into the world of writing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.