Monday, July 6, 2020

June 2020

We are living in unique days. Was there ever a June like this in recent memory?

I can only speak for what happened in my little corner of the world; I'm interested in hearing about yours as well.

I'll go first; and to help me get started, I'll use three questions Emily P. Freeman posed for the end of the month in her June letter 2020:

1. Where did you see God in June?

2. What's one thing you've learned?

3. What is the best thing that could happen in July?


I saw God everywhere in June:

I saw Him in laughter, as in this story relayed by my daughter - our grand-twins mother:

The other day we were driving by the armory and Baylee asks if Daniel (daddy) was working there. I told her no he was at the prison.

Brody: why does he always have to work until midnight?

Me: That’s just the time he has to be there.

B: Is that how you get a lot of money?

Me: I guess so.

B: Ok. When I get older I’m gonna work at my daddy’s jail so I can help my girlfriend pay the bills

Me: Oh ok, who’s your girlfriend?

B: I dont know yet, I’ll ask her what her name is when I get her.


Laughter lifts the soul - so here is another one, this time told by TT (our daughter Elissa, the twins' auntie):


Brody: I wish there was magic in the world.
Me: Why?
B: I’ve never felt magic before. What is magic?
Me: When people say something is impossible but it happens anyway
B: So some people say it doesn’t exist? Do you think it exists?
Me: It depends on what you believe.
B: I believe it exists.
Me: Why?
B: Because I want there to to be magic in the world. Did you know I’m the most powerful little boy in the world?
Me: What makes you so powerful?
B: It’s my magic. Never mind, you wouldn’t understand. *runs away*

Baylee: TT, why are fans called fans?



I also saw God in tears. In June, my aunt graduated to heaven. Her family traveled from Florida to the midwest to lay her to rest. I saw lots of love expressed. I heard stories exchanged. I saw thankfulness for a life well-lived. I saw anticipation of seeing her well and whole someday.


Then, I felt Him in hugs and kisses from this cutie:



I had a terrible leg cramp the other day and was bent over trying to massage my leg. She ran up and kissed the top of my head, and asked "are you ok, MiMi?" 

Such a little comforter!


What's one thing you've learned:

I'm a reader and a student; during this crazy period of history we are doing life in, there are many words floating about. 

Here's something I lassoed and keep it hanging within pondering distance:


Want to love your neighbor? Start by fighting your own sin

Jen Wilkin – July Aug 2020 Christianity Today


What my understanding so far is this: The more I work on my own sin, and the closer I draw to God will translate into my treating my neighbor the way God would want.


What's the best thing that could happen in July:

For me, the best thing ever would be hearing God's voice; feeling I'm fulfilling my calling, reaching new heights of love and friendship with my people.

In fact, I feel part of it has already happened to me by the 6th day of July - but I'll tell you more in my end of July post.


Now, it is your turn! Let me know how your world is spinning.


~~~


I'm sharing this post with the communities at:

Inspire Me Monday

#TellHisStory

InstaEncouragements Link-Up

Recharge Wednesday

#TuneInThursday



8 comments:

  1. I loved reading every word. I most needed to read this: "What my understanding so far is this: The more I work on my own sin, and the closer I draw to God will translate into my treating my neighbor the way God would want." Oh! and thanks for making me laugh! (the girlfriend store is precious)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those conversations. I see and hear from God each day that I spend in the Bible reading the words He wanted us to have at our disposal. One thing I've learned is that I cannot fix the crazy out of control world...only God can. The best thing that could happen in July is that God would have mercy on and call the people who are on my salvation prayer list! Happy July to you Jerralea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those questions!In June we celebrate two sons, and three grandsons birthdays at one BIG Outdoor birthday celebration - the third grandson, born on the 18th, share his birthday with one of his cousins! It's been a month, in our yard, of anticipation and celebration. Yet, it has also been a time of deep reflection and prayer for our country. Despite any hardship or challenge, God so wants us to find his blessings, his love in the midst of the hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing I've learned - my opinion is not the only opinion and, often, not even the best opinion. I should have learned this a long time ago - but it has been repeated (whispered in my ear....) often this month. So many opinions and so many things/ideas/etc to process this month - and too often I am too impatient and way too eager to share my opinion on others. Hopefully, July will be much less opinionated:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you had grand twins. I'm a twin, I have an identical twin sister. I'm learning during all these pandemic months (June included), I grow the most spiritually when life’s struggles are the most intense, not when I’m the most comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jerralea ~

    Emily Freeman continues to strike a cord with so many of us! Good questions are so powerful and contemplating possible answers causes us to still ourselves to listen to God's voice.

    He's always whispering, always inviting us to something deeper ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this immensely!! those twins!! :)

    One thing I learned in June: we are never to old to learn something new from the Scriptures.

    I saw God everywhere in June: in the new blooms of new flowers opening; on a hike; in the love from my husband's eyes as we celebrated our 30th on the 30th; in the acts of service and little gifts from our daughters; from our pastor and his wise words.

    One thing I'm looking forward to in July: the students I teach are coming back on July 20th!!!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!! God is good. (special ed summer school, prek).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily has the best questions. Thank you for sharing your answers with us. I'm looking forward to a July that feels peaceful because the things we are disagreeing about now no longer seem important. I pray this comes true.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.