Friday, August 9, 2019

Again, MiMi!

Today's prompt for Five Minute Friday is "again." 


GO

At my house, the twins and I play games every night after dinner. I love doing this with them, but sometimes we get stuck in a rut. When the twins learn a new game, they want to do it over and over again. They forget about all the other games we have; we must play the new one night after night. (Right now, it's the game, "Barrel of Monkeys." You'd be surprised at how much skill it really takes to make a monkey chain.)






So, in desperation, I will go buy a new game. "Look, Baylee and Brody!" I'll say, showing them the new game, "MiMi has something new for us to play."


Something new! They happily give up the old game and settle in to learning something new.


Something like that happens to a believer as well. When we are focused on learning God's ways and pressing in to become all we can be, sometimes the enemy will distract us with bringing up something new.


Look! Here's something new!


And just like children, we take our eyes off the goal of pressing in to Jesus again and again, come what may, and look at the new shiny thing.


(stop)


The thing is, the new shiny thing will become old super-fast, as Brody likes to say. I don't want to get distracted by it. The only life for me is one where I am getting closer and closer to Jesus. It's a greater challenge than a barrel of monkeys!

~~~

I'm linking up at Five Minute Friday and Grace&Truth and Inspire Me Monday


~~~

If you’d like to see what I’ve been up to over at Instagram, click here. I'm often posting new content.

5 comments:

  1. This is so very true. I haven't been around too much lately in the blogging world, but I'm on Instagram most days. I'm following you now. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.. that is just so true! N0.25 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to pressing on and not getting distracted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Jerralea! I'm a MiMi too and know just what you mean! Never thought about it in terms of my walk with Christ though! Thank you for giving me something to ponder and apply!
    PS I haven't played Barrel of Monkeys for years and years. We're going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the truth. Your neighbor at Inspire me Monday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.