Friday, October 20, 2017

Self-Discovery





Some things I've recently discovered:


  • I can't write when there is drama going on. Inspiration dries up the minute conflict rears its ugly head.



  • Self-care is important. I discover I get cranky with my nearest and dearest when I'm short on sleep or doing things that make me happy ... such as reading fiction, organizing, and even just some good old-fashioned day-dreaming.



  • Hurry makes me really frustrated. First, with myself for letting time get away from me. Secondly, I begin to feel angry with others for putting pressure on me.



  • I've also discovered that 90% of the pressure I feel is because I took on too much!


I'm not super-mom, super-wife or even super-church leader. (Especially not a super-leader!)

I'm just me. The only one of me that God made. He is planning on making me a work of art; but the process is long and painful.

Can you relate?

I can't wait to discover what He has in mind for me. I know it will be better than anything I can dream up.


~~~


This post was written in response to the prompt "discover" at 5 Minute Friday. I'm also sharing at Arabah Joy's Grace&Truth and Crystal's #FreshMarketFriday. Go check them all out - there are some fantastic writers participating!

5 comments:

  1. Those self discovery points--I feel some of the same things. Like you said, we are on a discovery journey with the Lord God. He desires good for us, as we bring glory to Him. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerralea, thank you so much for stopping by my blog post today, "trusting...just as i am"...your encouraging words made me want to hop over to your blog and touch base with you. I enjoyed your post today...so open, honest, and transparent. It does seem like we have a lot in common. I went to Lake Yale in 1965 & 66 with the Girls Auxiliary (GAs) at our church. It was very spirituallly uplifting... and it's where I learned to make s'mores! I do believe Romans 8:28 applies to each of us...I have written my story on a post called "how I came to be"... many blessings to you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate, but I recoil a bit at “self”...we have an overabundance of that in our world. It causes problems. I know that is not what you meant, but...ugh...I am scarred. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to a lot of what you said here: especially not giving myself enough time, then feeling irritated and pressured. I think it is really important to discover these things about ourselves: to see where our strengths and weaknesses lie. So often we can act out of both: we rely on our strengths to the point where we're trying to do it all alone, OR we act out of our hurts and pain and at times hurt others in the process. If we are asking God to reveal our self to us and heal the areas that need healing, then I think self-discovery is a very good thing.

    Jeannie (I'm at #61 today in the linkup)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The small group I lead is doing Breathe, a study on Sabbath rest (it's not what ya think!!) by Priscilla Shirer. I highly recommend it. It's life changing because so many of us only know the legalistic view of Sabbath.....this is just such a refreshing study....we ALL need to put Sabbath margin into our weeks, days, workplaces, home life, personal life. Check it out!!

    ( and yes, I can relate to some of what you write about....especially the "drama" part......thankfully I have learned to let so much of that go by placing boundaries around certain "friendships" that fed into "drama".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.