Wednesday, June 29, 2016

My Justifier

Lately, I've had a couple areas where I struggle raise their ugly heads and try to bring me down.

It's kind of my own fault because I had gotten lazy.

There's a reason why the Lord tells us to pray and be vigilant. When you are not looking, the enemy loves to slip something over on you.

You know why? Because he loves to get our eyes off Jesus and on ourselves. He will use any means possible, whether it be through a disaster, or through the hand of an enemy or a loved one. But I personally think his number one favorite way to get our focus on ourselves instead of Christ is to arrange a trap for us to walk into and have no one to blame but ourselves.

Then he has the fun of watching us berate ourselves!

Oh yeah, it can turn into a pity party of epic proportions, and all the while it is going on, our eyes are off Christ.

So, the last couple days, in my spare time, I've been giving myself a good talking-to, you know the kind where you tell yourself every thing you've ever done wrong and then end with a big sigh, "I guess I will never learn."

Yeah, that kind of talk.

But today, I saw something beautiful in my study of scripture. 


"Whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus." Romans 3:25-26 English Standard Version (ESV)

Jesus is my justifier. I don't deserve a justifier but I get to be justified because I have faith in Jesus. 

And what does the word justified mean anyway? It means being in right-standing with God. Another way to put it - as a believer, I stand just as if I'd never sinned.

There's a lot of wonderful names we have for Jesus, King of Kings, Prince of Peace, Counselor, Son of God, the Rose of Sharon, Elder Brother ... I could go on and on.

But maybe my favorite one is My Justifier.

Have you been justified by having faith in Christ and believe He is who He said He is?

It is my prayer that you have!



The Loft

I'm linking this post with my friends at the Christian blogger community, The Loft.  You can read some awesome content, or link up your own post, here.

Grace&Truth-300x300

I'm also linking up with the community at Grace and Truth. You can do it, too! Visit Arabah Joy to read some great stuff!

The Luke 2:52 Project


And I'm also linking this post up with the community at Crystal's Fresh Market Friday.

10 comments:

  1. Oh! Jerralea. It is such a treasure when we go to God's Word to see God. Here for you (and me!) He is the Justifier. To think about it makes me almost cry. To have right standing with God means we're not estranged. I was once estranged. I JUST Can't go back. The fact He justifies makes my day sweet and my night filled with peace. Thank you. May the Lord bless and keep you... Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerralea, you're so right, I'm sure the devil really delights in seeing us pull ourselves down. I too am grateful that God is my justifier. I'm glad that He doesn't treat me as I deserve -- or boy, I'd be in trouble. :-) I'm just so grateful for His grace!
    Hugs and blessings,
    Marva | sunSPARKLEshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you been justified by having faith in Christ and believe He is who He said He is?


    Amen! My Justifier too! Even when my practice would deny it my position in Him proves it to be so!! HE IS AWESOME!

    Thanks Jerralea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes and amen, Jesus is my justifier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your strength (and your weakness) with us, Jerralea. I'm enjoying Romans 8 many days on my way to work: No condemnation in Christ!
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't thought of Jesus before in this term, justifier, even though of course he is. Puts a new perspective into so many things indeed!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Because he loves to get our eyes off Jesus and on ourselves." Yep. When I take my eyes off Jesus and look too much at me instead, I can get into real trouble. Thanks for this reminder, Jerralea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even this morning as I woke, I was hit with the ugliness of something with which I struggle, and the devil tries to use it against me. I'm so thankful that Jesus is my Justifier, and that He can help us live in victory over those this with which we struggle. Bless you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Jerralea! I love this reminder. I've been guilty of trying desperately to right my wrongs, but that never removes all of the guilt. Only the reminder that Jesus is my justifier sets me free to embrace His grace and start again. Blessings to you as you encourage others for Christ.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.