Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A Good Father

Another Father's Day has came and went. Many of us had wonderful fathers and father-figures to celebrate.

Some didn't, couldn't celebrate what they never knew.

Did you know there is a Father willing to take you in no matter your age, ethnicity, social or financial standing?


But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:12-13 ESV

Did you know He would never forget you?


“Can a woman forget her nursing child,    that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?Even these may forget,    yet I will not forget you.Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;    your walls are continually before me. Isaiah 49:15-16 ESV

Once you are a child of God, the promises belong to you, too!

It is sad when an earthly father does not do right by his child, but you can have a good, good Father who will never leave you or forsake you and always works out things for your good.

Seems like the best gift ever!


~~~

No discussion about the Father would be complete without sharing Chris Tomlin's video, "Good, Good Father." (Subscribers will need to click through to my blog to see it.)






The Loft
I'm linking up this post with the community at The Loft. Click here to visit the link up! We invite all Christian bloggers to participate!

Grace&Truth-300x300

I'm also linking this post up at the Christian blogger link-up, Grace and Truth.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Jerralea ... what a beautiful song to start today with ... a lovely and gentle reminder. Blessings on you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the best gift ever. A heavenly Father redeems the concept of fatherhood and teaches us to be devoted daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sang that song last week at church :)

    Hubby and his brother didn't have the best of fathers but his brother made a comment that after they accepted Jesus as their Savior, they had the best of fathers and needed to look at Him for how to live their lives and had no excuse in their behavior since they had the perfect model in Him.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so blessed to have a wonderful and incredible earthly Father who helped me understand my heavenly Father by his love for me. Out 'daughter from another family' had no father that she has ever met and consequently, did not know the love of an earthly father. My husband and become that earthly father for her. it is a beautiful thing to watch. Lovely Loft post, Jerralea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I read your post, I was thinking about the very song you mentioned! We sang it before a meeting this evening at church…HE is a good, good father! Bless you Jerralea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.