Saturday, April 2, 2016

Blessed Believer




Today, I'll be looking at a couple terms Christians use that start with B:


You might be a Christian if you ... are blessed.



Blessed is a term we Christians like to use a lot. It's used in the Bible 288 times and basically means fortunate, well-off, happy. (Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries)


How do you get blessed? A scriptural promise is hinged on obedience. If we follow the Lord and obey His word, blessings will follow us.



Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good;
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
Psalm 34:8 NKJV

Trust in Him and you will be blessed.




Then there's the word, Believer.

You might be a Christian if you ... are a Believer.

A believer is simply someone who has accepted the teachings of Christ and decided to turn from their way of living and accept the free gift of eternal life.

In other words, a believer is someone who has made their mind up to follow Jesus Home.

Here's a You-Tube video featuring a fun song from the past: Hey, I'm a Believer Now. (No, I'm not talking about the song from the Monkees!)
 





I'm so glad you are here! Follow me each day as I attempt to define what a Christian is ... and isn't. 

I'm always interested in your thoughts. Let me know if there is a word Christians use that you don't understand. I'd be interested to write about it.



This post was written for Day Two of my A-Z Blogging Challenge series, "You Might Be a Christian ... from A-Z."  Go here each day to see all of my posts each day as they go live.


If you don't understand how a person becomes a Christian, you might want to visit my page, "A Ticket Home." 

If you'd like to read more A-Z offerings, visit the A-Z Home Page to view a plethora of A-Z links. With approx. 1300 bloggers participating, there is something for everybody.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoying reading the words you are picking for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying reading the words you are picking for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing this theme very nicely :) Blessed is such a wonderful word to be and to study too. I did a Jennifer Kennedy Dean study on the beatitudes; very thorough and educational and I was blessed by doing so.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha yeah. Blessed is a very "Christian" word. Where others use "Lucky", we use blessed.

    It's a bit annoying though... and strange... to redefine things as "potbless" and "blessed draw".

    Anna
    ATSP @ Deeply Shallow
    @natzers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen. That's why I disagree that #blessed is the new bragging. I do claim I am blessed and it's not being arrogant at all. We are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.