Saturday, October 3, 2015

31 Days of Life Stories #3

One of my favorite life stories is one my dad loved to tell about my cousin, Lyle. 


Me and my trike
Lyle was about 3 years older than me and felt he was my protector. One day, we were out in the yard. Lyle was riding his trike. I don't know if I was riding mine, but I do know the neighbor boy was out there, too, doing his best to pester me. He so provoked me that I began to cry. Lyle looked back and saw what was happening. Before Dad could do anything, Lyle jumped off his tricycle and ran like a streak over to the neighbor boy, socked him in the nose, yelling "leave her alone." Then he calmly walked back to his trike and rode off into the sunset.

Hey, you take care of family!

I've always adored Lyle and wished he was around always to take care of things for me, but unfortunately, most of our lives we have lived far apart. Yet I've someone that sticks with me closer than even a cousin or older brother. I just have to remember to call on Him rather than try to handle it myself.






This post is #3 in my series, 31 Days of Life Stories. Hundreds of writers are linking up at the 31 Day Writing Challenge hosted by Crystal Stine. There is a wealth of information on many topics. Go visit and see! I'll be posting under the category "Inspiration and Faith."

4 comments:

  1. Love the photo of you and the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a cute story :) It is sad as we get older we do tend to drift away from cousins and other family members.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stories about cousins. I never had any growing up as they were all back in Hungary. I have only met them once in my life and really feel like I missed out on a sweet part of life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.